Teams has a feature called ‘Assignments’ which lets each class teacher set tasks which the children can easily see and through which they can hand in their work.
There is an ‘Assignments’ button on the left hand side:
(If your child chooses Assignments from the top menu from within their Class Team, they do not see this screen.)
Once your child has found the Assignments area, your child will see any assignments sent for your child’s class:
- Assignments will be clearly titled, for example ‘Maths week 1’.
- A range of subjects will be set each week depending on the class; there won’t be an assignment for every subject every week.
- If your child wants to ask a question about an assignment, they should do this in the relevant subject channel in Teams.
Read the ‘Assignment Instructions’ carefully, this is where the teacher will tell you what needs to be done and what needs to be handed in
- The ‘Reference Materials’ section gives any documents that are needed to complete the work
- The ‘My Work’ section is where your child’s work will be shown when you have uploaded it
- The ‘Points’ section is not used by St. Catherine’s CE Primary
- Follow the instructions the teacher has set. If the teacher has asked for work to be handed in, then click the ‘+’ icon and upload the work. This could be a photo of the work, a completed work sheet, a word document of an essay … basically any document or picture.
- You will see the different options for uploading work:
- Attaching a document you have on your device
- Adding a URL to something on the internet
- Creating a document from within Teams (probably less likely to do this)
Uploading photos of your child’s work using a smart phone
Often the easiest way to hand work in with Teams is just to take a picture of it with your phone and then add the picture as ‘My Work‘.
This can be tricky so here is a guide to getting it to work. The simplest option is if you don’t already have Teams on your phone, you can download it then login with your child’s account, take pictures with the phone camera and upload them directly into Teams:
- Download the Teams app onto your phone (from either GooglePlay or Apple App Store. Log in using the pupil’s account
- Once in your class you can select Assignments (across the bottom of your screen).
- Within the assignment you can ‘Add work’
- You can upload a photo from your phone
- You can see the image attached within the assignment. You can then either go out of the assignment (‘<’) where your image will be automatically saved or if your assignment is completed, ‘Hand in’