Main School Prospectus – Updated Nov 22
St Catherine’s is proud to be a Church of England Aided School, our belief being that God has made our world and has come to it in Jesus Christ.
The Christian values of compassion, honesty, fairness, love, and respect of God’s world are at the heart of our community, giving us the inspiration for our life together as a family school, and underpin everything we do.
- We aim to prepare our children for life through helping them to develop the educational, spiritual and social skills and qualities needed for a positive future.
- We aim to provide a safe and happy learning environment based on Christian values.
- We aim to give a breadth of experiences so that each child can achieve their personal potential.
- We aim to help each member of St Catherine’s to begin their own personal spiritual journey.
These can be achieved by:
- Following the example of Christianity as they learn the skills of life and begin to understand their purpose as they grow and mature.
- Making healthy choices and coming to school each day ready and willing to try new things without being afraid to make mistakes.
- Being free to speak their minds politely, and sharing their ideas with each other.
- Welcoming children of other faiths and learning a respect for the religious beliefs and observances of others.
- By behaving themselves, and respecting and valuing everyone to ensure they are all happy at school.
and the staff
- Promoting Christian values and encouraging the children to be guided by them.
- Preparing children for life in today’s communities, seeking to give them an understanding of the broad nature of our multi-cultural society.
- Building strong partnerships between home and school through effective communications, mutual aims and understanding.
- Developing a broad and balanced curriculum that challenges all pupils whilst encouraging independent learning.
- Maintaining a teaching and learning environment that is safe, nurturing and happy.